Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Grant have a cosmetology program?
Grant Career Center is starting an adult education Cosmetology Program. The
program is 1800 hours and includes Cosmetology and Cosmetology Management
certifications. The program will start October 17, 2016 and will be held Monday
through Thursday from 10:00 a.m-5:30 p.m. Summer hours will vary.
2. Can my hours/credits transfer?
Yes. You will receive a paper transcript from Regency the week of October
3rd. You can also contact the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology to find
out how many hours you have completed.
3. How much does it cost to go to Grant?
Our complete 1800-hour program costs $12,900 + state testing fees. You
will need to purchase a uniform top for $25.00. You will receive credit for
each hour completed at a different location. For example, if you completed
400 hours at another location and the hours are documented through the Ohio
State Board of Cosmetology, then you will only be required to complete
1400 hours, and will be charged accordingly.
4. What about my financial aid?
Students who receive financial aid in the form of a Pell Grant may have their benefits
transferred to US Grant. You will need to adjust your FAFSA. If the previous
institution has collected Fall 2016 funds and has not paid them back, then
Grant will not charge you for the fall. You will sign an agreement that if you
are refunded the money you will be required to submit that money to Grant.
Grant Career Center does not offer student loans. However, we do offer Pell Grants
and payment plans.
5. Is Grant’s Cosmetology Program accredited?
Grant is accredited through Council of Occupation Education (COE). COE
Is an accrediting body for career technical centers.
6. What is the process for applying to Grant Career Center?
1. Fill out a registration form at Grant Career Center. Grant will waive the
registration fee for transfer students.
2. If you are receiving federal funds, you will need to go back into your
FAFSA and add US Grant as a school option.
3. Meet with our financial aid director to determine Pell eligibility and
additional payment information. (513) 734-3172
4. Provide Grant with documentation of hours completed as soon as possible.