The Automotive Service Technology
program is NATEF/ASE certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), and is a participating school for the Automotive Youth Educational Systems (AYES). AYES is a partnership among participating automotive manufacturers, participating local dealerships, and Grant Career Center. All participants work together to prepare and train entry-level automotive technicians.
CTAGsCTAUT005 – Introduction to Automotive Service and Repair – 2 semester hoursStudents must pass Ground Transportation Maintenance and pass the ASE/NATEF Student Certification Examination for Maintenance and Light repair (MLR) or Automobile Service and Technology (AST) and seek credit within two years from the date the exam was taken.Certifications/CredentialsAutomotive Service Excellence (ASE) Student Certification, AYES Certificate Program of Study
Ground Transportation Ground Transportation Engine & Power Train Ground Transportation Electrical/Electronics Automotive Braking, Suspension, and Steering Systems 2 credits-English 2 credits-Math (Algebra 2 and Advanced Math) 2 credits-Science (Chemistry and Environmental Biology) 2 credits-Social Studies (American Government & Elective)
Career OpportunitiesService Technician (Dealership / Independent)Fleet OperationsService Consultant/AdvisorParts Sales-Wholesale and RetailAutomotive TechnicianAutomotive Part SalesDrivability Computer SpecialistParts/Service ManagerTypical Wages• $8 to $12/hour starting wageIs This You?
• I am self-reliant
• I solve problems
• I have mechanical aptitude
• I am detail oriented
• I am a team player
Automotive Youth Education Systems
AYES means Opportunity to you!
- Earn money while preparing for a variety of well-paying, satisfying careers:
- Master Technicians with 3-5 years of experience can earn $30,000 –50,000 + annually
- Enjoy the challenge of integrated work/study experiences
- Class work relates to the job, and the job related to class work
- Take advantage of the career and personal guidance provided by school and workplace mentors
- Develop the kinds of professional skills that employers want and need
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Develop technical skills that high-tech firms want and need